5 Ways to Help Prevent Erectile Dysfunction
In most instances, erectile dysfunction is a symptom of things outside many men’s control. Moreover, age, traumas and genetics can play a part. But, in some cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something within the sufferer’s control. And with that, there are plenty of remedies/methods to prevent Erectile Dysfunction from occurring that you can start doing today!
How to get rid of Erectile dysfunction?
1. Exercise. Exercise will benefit not only your overall health but also your erectile health. One cause of ED in men today is stress/anxiety. Which can also cause high blood pressure, obesity and heart disease. On the other hand, forms of exercising, such as running, cycling or even going for walks, have been proven to reduce cortisol levels in men. Thus allowing relief to stresses, combating obesity and building muscle mass.
2. Diet. What and how much you eat plays an important role in your sexual well-being. We live in a world where junk/fast food is easy and cheaply accessible to the masses. Having a poor diet can also lead to obesity, a leading cause in increasing the likelihood of heart disease, stroke and many other health problems.
Foods like whole grains, low-fat meats, fruits and vegetables are essential for a healthy adult diet. So, next time when you’re at the grocery store, avoid the junk food aisle. And head straight for the produce section! According to the Government of Australia, We recommend that adults eat between 5-6 vegetables per day. So put down that bag of crisps and replace them with a healthy alternative.
3. Seeking therapy: People from all walks of life seek counsellors or psychologists, and it’s nothing to be ashamed about. We all face stresses, anxieties and other troubles in our lives. Mental health is important to our well-being, and having issues with your state of mind may cause men to experience ED.
Counselling can often find an underlying problem which could lead to erectile dysfunction. Your GP is also an excellent source for advice on sexual health.
4. Relationships: A happy relationship with your partner is paramount. A busy lifestyle, stress and children can affect couples’ intimacy. That’s why, Men may experience ED (erectile dysfunction) intermittently, which is entirely normal in most cases. It is important to communicate with your partner if you experience ED.
5. Quit Smoking: The effects of smoking have long been known as a leading cause of many forms of cancer and heart disease. Since, they have shown a significant impact on sexual health problems.
Smoking causes damage to blood vessels by contracting them. So making it harder for the heart to pump blood to the penis. However, there is hope if you’re a smoker! Studies have shown that 50% of smokers over the age of 50 were able to regain normal erectile function after quitting.
What’s the alternative to prevent erectile dysfunction?
There is a wide range of treatments available such as Viagra and Cialis, which are also available in generic forms. While, Generic medications are simply a replica of brand names. They contain the same active ingredients and generally are substantially less expensive.
The first step is to speak with your medical practitioner. Who knows your medical history and can advise on the best treatment for you. Fortunately, most men tolerate these medications well. However, like all drugs, they have a range of side effects.
Popular Medications to cure Erectile Dysfunction
Whether you choose brand name or generic medications seeking treatment will alleviate your concerns and promote a healthy sex life. Whilst there are many generic alternatives on the market, the chart below contains the most popular brands from world-class pharmaceutical companies to prevent Erectile Dysfunction.
|Brand Name Drug||Generic Equivalent|
Cenforce, Kamagra, Suhagra
Generic medications are available from your pharmacy or online. While, Erectile dysfunction medications are prescription-only drugs classified as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5) inhibitors. Besides, the main benefit of generic medicines is that they offer significant savings. Also they can be legally imported into Australia and most importantly, offer an excellent treatment for ED.