Are you suffering from a sexless relationship?
Most men experience highs and lows in the bedroom at some stage. There are many reasons for a lack lustre love life, and they may health be or stress related. Let’s investigate the two most common issues that impact on intimacy.
Stress is a key factor that can impact many areas of your life, including your sex life. Stress comes in many forms, some may seemingly be insignificant, and others can be major traumas. No matter how minor, we all deal with stress differently, and possess different coping skills.
Some of the common everyday causes of stress are;
- Work related
- Family relationships
- Self Esteem
More traumatic causes can include;
- Death of a loved one
- Health issues
Obviously, any feeling of un-wellness can affect your mood. Ongoing illness may even lead to depression. Sometimes health issues can be lifestyle related, behaviours such as;
- Over eating, leading to obesity
- Sleep deprivation
- Over use of alcohol
- Lack of exercise
More serious illnesses that can affect your performance in the bedroom are;
- Chronic disease
There are some simple changes you can make to improve your general health. Many people find it difficult to become motivated to not only take the first step but also to maintain it. We are not saying that it is easy to give up smoking, it really is up to you.
Tips to improve your sexual health
- If motivation is a problem, try exercising with a friend, this not only provides some nice conversation, but it makes you more accountable.
- Leading a sedentary life will over time have a big impact on your health. Even a ten minute walk every day will provide health benefits.
- Overeating combined with lack of exercise is a western world problem, some countries like the USA, Australia and the UK report up to fifty percent of their populations are obese! Try replacing high energy processed food with some natural options. Small changes can lead to big results when followed daily.
- Giving up smoking is difficult for most of us. Today there are many tools/products on the market like nicotine gum, patches, inhalers etc. There are even books on quitting smoking, most famously Stop Smoking by Alan Carr, also in an audio format. There are so many benefits to quitting: health, financial, social etc.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Most adults need between 6-8 hours per day.
- Reducing your alcohol intake. Alcohol is full of useless calories; it also acts as a depressive when used to excess. There is varying advice on how many drinks per day is safe, if you are honest with yourself, you know if you have been overdoing it.
And the list goes on. But we’re talking about your sex life. How can you get your libido back? Unfortunately, it’s not a one size fits all! If you do have chronic disease it is always best to speak with your doctor. Your doctor may suggest medication to assist your symptoms.
3. Common Symptoms of Sexual Dysfunction
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Premature Ejaculation
- Vaginal Dryness
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is often referred to as ED. ED is caused by insufficient blood flow to the penis resulting in the inability to have or keep an erection.
Men experience ED in varying frequencies, and most men have erectile dysfunction at some time in their lives. There are three primary medications that medical doctors commonly prescribed for the treatment of ED;
- Sildenafil Citrate – commonly known as ‘Viagra’
- Tadalafil – commonly known as ‘Cialis’
- Vardenafil – commonly known as ‘Levitra’
The three drugs are classified as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5 inhibitor). They are well tolerated by most men, however, like any drug they do have side effects, most of them are minor. It is important to follow your doctor’s guidance and to take only as prescribed as overdose is possible.
As with most drugs, there are also generic equivalents on the market, these generics contain the same active ingredient, and are produced by world class pharmaceutical companies. The main benefit of generic ED medication is that the cost is significantly cheaper. Here is a list of generics;
Generic equivalents to Viagra
Generic equivalents to Cialis
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Often referred to as PE, premature ejaculation’s definition is early ejaculation before completion of intercourse. Some men experience PE during foreplay!
The cause of PE can be due to abnormal hormone levels, brain chemicals or inflammation of the prostrate or urethra. It may also be psychological due to performance anxiety.
It can be difficult for men who experience this condition, as often a consecutive ejaculation can not be achieved, leading to disappointment for both partners. So, what can you do to improve this condition?
Doctors commonly prescribe Dapoxetine which is classified as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Dapoxetine is commonly known as Levitra, and may also be used in conjunction with Sildenafil the active ingredient contained in Viagra.
Generic equivalent to Priligy
Combination drugs Sildenafil – Dapoxetine
- Cenforce D
Your medical doctor knows best
Many men find discussing erectile problems embarrassing, if you are experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction, see medical advice. Your doctor is trained to help, and will provide non-judgmental advice on what is the best course of action for you. Prescription medications should always be taken with care.